The 6th International Philosophy, Science and Theology Festival is going to be held this weekend from the 27th of June (Saturday) to the 1st of July (Wednesday) in Grafton, North Rivers, Australia. The festivalâ€™s theme is â€œOur Now, Our Tomorrowâ€. According to the festival site â€œthe festival is a forum where questions that concern us can be asked, discussed and debated in a friendly, non-threatening environment. Speakers from all over the world come to the festival to share their knowledge with people from all walks of life. It is a safe space in which you can listen, take part and enjoy. It is a place where barriers are broken, friendships are forged and excitement grows.â€ People interested in participating have the option of visiting for just one day or registering for the whole festival experience.
Hereâ€™s a short list of speakers and their chosen topics:
- Matthew Colless – What Science Can Say About Creation?
- Dr Jan Visser – Not by Philosophy, Science and Theology Alone
- Pam Wells – Personal Philosophy- a Practical Responsibility
- Dr Ian Gawler – Cancer as a path to Enlightenment
- Dr Michael Northcott- Climate Change, Industrial Capitalism and the Nature of Life on Earth
- Howie Firth- SEASHELLS, SUNFLOWERS AND GREEN SHOOTS OF SPRING
- Norman Habel – An Inconvenient Text
- Stephen Strong, Author: Constructing a New World Map; Mary Magdalene’s Dreaming